CMS has released the 2019 Proposed Rule for the MIPS program. Let’s talk about some of the highlights below.
Starting in Year 3, clinicians or groups can opt to participate in MIPS if they meet or exceed one or two of the low-volume threshold criteria. This option is not available if the clinician or group meets all of the low-volume threshold criteria.
Low-Volume Threshold Criteria for Year 3
- Dollar Amount ($90,000)
- Number of Beneficiaries (200)
- Number of Covered Professional Services (200)
Reduce Burden and Offer Flexibility
- Moving clinicians to a smaller set of objectives and measures with scoring based on performance for the PI category.
- Changes to the MIPS Promoting Interoperability (formerly ACI) category to support greater electronic health record interoperability and patient access while aligning with new hospital regulations.
- Allowing the use of bonus points for certain activities or practice size.
- Facility based scorning option
CMS has put together a great overview sheet to cover additional questions!