We know that many organizations have patients with thousands of visits recorded in the NextGen EHR system. We also know that some of these organizations would like to be able to remove some of that data, at least temporarily, in order to conserve space and increase system performance.
- Archive patient records from your NextGen EHR based on criteria you set
- View the archived records in CareFinity from within your NextGen EHR
- Restore archived patient records back to the NextGen EHR upon demand
CareFinity, the EHR downtime and archive solution, has a new cousin, CareFinity Live Archive for NextGen EHR. CareFinity Live Archive allows organizations to remove clinical information from the live NextGen EHR system based on criteria that can be selected and maintained by the clinic. The criteria choices include archiving based on the age of the data as well as the length of patient inactivity. The data elements to be archived can also be selected.
Archived patient clinical data can be viewed in the CareFinity application which can run right in the NextGen EHR or as a separate application. All access to the archived patient data is tracked for auditing, and functions for exporting, printing and other Release of Information (ROI) activities are included.
Archived patient data can be restored to the NextGen EHR upon demand by authorized users.
- Reclaim space in your EHR database
- Increase speed when loading patients with a high volume of visits
- CareFinity Live Archive includes the EHR downtime functionality so you can view charts/schedules even when the EHR is unavailable, whether planned or unplanned